How much will it cost me?
The next group trip leaves in September 2017, will cost you only the airfare and stay. My services are free for the group tour. For personal one-on-one guidance rate and availability, please email me.
The Retreat does not offer discounts on the published rates but if you go through a trusted source like me you may save several hundred dollars and get additional perks. For tariff and special options please email me.
Your special Ayurvedic Panchakarma Cleanse rate, a saving of over $400 dollars for single occupancy, includes:
Transfer to and from Cochin International Airport (COK) -Accommodation in a newly renovated independent A.C cottage -Consultation with a panel of physicians on arrival – All three meals as prescribed by your Physician – Twice daily group Yoga – Daily Ayurveda treatments for up to 3 hours per physician’s advice – Daily follow up consultation – All current applicable government taxes -Daily Meditation and Ayurveda sessions – Wi-Fi access
You pay extra for:
Laundry – Post checkout medicines after the complete treatment – Diagnostic investigations if required – Blood tests (if required) – Local transportation – Sightseeing – Cultural events/shopping trips organized by your Expedition Leader.
Please call or email me for further details.
What are your personal services ?
- I will be your local representative, your vigilant friend, your trusted advisor available exclusively for you 24/7 at the retreat till we achieve your health goals.
- The organic medicines, massage oils, treatments and diet can be mildly challenging to some. I prepare you, educate you, help you follow the regimen and cheer you on.
- I am a native Keralite and a US citizen, comfortable in both worlds. I will be your bridge between these two opposite cultures, during the Panchakarma detoxification.
- I will either fly with you, if you leave from SFO, or receive you at the Cochin International Airport (COK) to ease your entry into chaotic Kerala. Once you check-in, I will be personally available to you 24/7.
- Before we fly, I will be available to you through email, video chats and skype sessions till I completely understand your needs.
- You will have at least half an hour with me every day to educate you on the medicines, herbs, method of preparation and massage therapies assigned to you based on your health goals. The panel of Physicians will see you daily but if the retreat is full, they are pressed for time. I will advocate for you, if you need it. Speaking Malayalam goes a long way in getting our way into people’s hearts.
- I love my people in Kerala, the land of abundance and unsurpassed beauty. My soul sings in Kerala. It will be a joy to explain how our culture, our language, our art forms and our general outlook on life makes us stand apart from the rest of India, enriching your travel experience.
- I will help you establish and follow a daily spiritual practice that works with your beliefs so you are strong to take on your life’s challenges after the Panchakarma.
- I will check-in with you for 2 months after the Panchakarma. By the time, we are done, we will be life long friends. That is the nature of this healing.
- I smile at the thought of organizing sightseeing, cultural activities and shopping trips for you. (Payable extra)
Why at this Retreat, why not somewhere else?
- I personally experienced profound positive shifts in my physical, emotional and spiritual health here. I have made Ayurvedic tours my future career because of my experience here.
- This retreat is part of an ancient lineage and a multi award winning hospital and drug manufacturer that has been in business since 1921. They are the first Ayurvedic drug manufacturer in the world to be certified GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) which is a stringent manufacturing process laid down by the Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India a multi volume guideline overseeing the manufacturing of Ayurvedic drugs in India.
- I made great connections during my stay at the Retreat and any group of mine quickly skips the initial awkwardness and becomes chums from the get go.
- They practice genuine Ayurveda that local and expat Keralans trust and demand. There is no watering down or skipping of procedures for fear of turning off Foreigners. Europeans, who appreciate authentic Ayurveda, book this Retreat months in advance. This all-natural powerful healing system needs more world wide attention.
- The lush beach side facility more than meets our Western expectations of accommodation and hygiene. The charming private cottages set among coconut palms and the beach, a saunter away, are picturesque, to say the least.
- The Physicians are Doctors of Medicine (MD) who have undergone the basic rigorous medical training equivalent to a General Physician and a three year post graduate degree in Ayurveda.
- The locally-sourced, unprocessed vegetarian food, responsible eco- tourism and employee welfare practiced by the management will win your approval. You may even find yourself mentoring a junior staff or two.
I think I know what Ayurveda is. Ok, what is it, really?
Ayurveda is the oldest medical science known to man. It is over 5000 years old and was passed orally from master physicians to apprentices till rock star healers like Charaka, Sushruta and Vagbhata came along. They wrote encyclopedias that codified the medical procedures, training methodologies and pharmacology.
Charaka’s Ashtanga Hridayam is still the materia medica for Ayurvedic physicians. Ashtanga Hridayam mentions Ayurvedic Panchakarma’s role in balancing an out of whack body and mind as ‘impossible to exaggerate’
Pun-Chuh-Karmuh. The Manny Pacquiao, Mick Jagger, Shakespeare and His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama all rolled into one. Ayurveda’s one size fits all solution that will fix you proper where you need it.
Dictionary Definition: Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and well-being. It is one the most effective healing modality in Ayurvedic Medicine. It promotes Detoxification and Rejuvenation.
How on earth will it transform me?
A true Panchakarma will initiate deep healing by resetting the wind, phlegm and fire balance. Consider them ancient terms for the biochemical processes that keep you healthy and thriving. The medicines, diet, yoga and medicated massages will work together to restore you to your optimal self. Head over to my blog for an elaboration.
I don’t want to be transformed.
You might as well try to stop a freight train.
Why would a perfectly healthy person do Panchakarma?
The royals and the affluent of Kerala have been doing regular Panchakarmas to maintain youth and vitality for thousands of years. It is a yearly ritual for Indian Movie Stars who must stay young for a living.
My health was perfection when I went in for my Panchakarma. I had a minor gyn issue, which did not affect my life in any way. At 5 ft nothing and 118 lbs, I was not even on the Kaiser Permanante BMI chart. My blood work was always within range. I had fears and anxieties like anyone else. I had a bit of pouf here and there. I meditated when I could, I did Yoga regularly. I excercised and watched my diet.Then my mother talked me into a Panchakarma Detox.Post Panchakarma I am on a whole new level of healthy:
- Lost 10 pounds, I am now the same weight as I was in my 20s
- Lost 1 inch off my body all over, still have all my muscles intact
- Look younger, get complimented for not looking my age
- Previous fears and anxieties completely eliminated. I still have stresses but, more often than not, my reaction is completely sane and wholesome.
- I can do yoga without fatigue. I can do back bends, padmasana and shoulder stands easily.My joints have never been this supple
- Spiritually I have gone deeper. I meditate every day. My commitment to my practise is stronger than ever.
- I have come to realize truths about myself and today, I am boldly living them.
All this gained in a matter of 19 days. Organically, scientifically, holistically.
I have a health issue, how would a Panchakarma help?
Ayurveda believes that if the three doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha, are balanced and your ‘ama’ or toxins eliminated, your particular health issue will resolve by itself. No matter what your health issue is, your Panchakarma medicines, diets and treatments are tailored for you. The Physicians at the retreat check your medical reports by email,inform you if they can help you and only then take your case.
This establishment has shown excellent results for Gynecological disorders, Stress related issues, Depression, Sports injuries, Cervical and Lumbar spondylosis, Backaches, Migraines, Psoriasis, Eczema, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis,Neurological disorders, Geriatrics, Sinusitis and Weight management.This is by no means an exhaustive list, please email me for a free online consultation with the chief Physician.
I can do this myself, can’t I?
You absolutely should if that is what you want. However, there are many things to consider:
- How authentic is my treatment?
- Is the facility and accommodation up to my standards of hygiene and comfort?
- Are the Physicians qualified?
- Are they in business to serve me or to serve their own interests?
- Is this good value for my money?
A Panchakarma treatment in India will set you back by several thousand dollars including airfare, so it is better to go to a tried and tested facility that is recommended by someone you trust. There are many establishments offering authentic Ayurveda but I doubt they meet all the above points. From my personal experience the Retreat I endorse meets and exceeds all the above criteria.
Please Note: I am only a very satisfied customer; I make no commissions for this recommendation.
Can I stay on double occupancy and share the cost?
Absolutely. A good friend is priceless during an Ayurvedic Cleanse, which is where I come in.
If you are bringing a friend, I will be happy to negotiate a rate for the two of you. However please be warned that when the rebalancing begins you may find yourself facing some emotional challenges. You need a calm, soothing presence during such times.